fredag 24 februari 2012

Week 8

This week was all about getting the scene set up, textured and get the final look and feel. After the slower production last week and falling behind a bit it's nice to be able to catch up a bit. I had a rough block of the environment since a few weeks back. I started adding to it


I added a house simple house and had the abition of opening this up in Zbrush and painting it it. I spent way too much time trying to get this to work. At the end I did not use this metchod. I learned a lot about  Both Zbrush and some about workflow but didn't get the house done.


I continued working on the bridge instead. Blocks and cylinders. The Magnet tool turned out to be a good friend in the speedy modeling state.


After wasting soo much time trying to UV map and sculpt in Zbrush I just wanted to get some stuff done. I UV-mapped these planks in C4D and did the textures in Corel. I used CrazyBump to get some Normals from the textures. I worked out great and I saw how well a Normal map and simple geometry sells the isuals. I did the clamshell as well.


The scene started to get some life with the characters and I started to get fun again.


I liked the look and the simplicity of the planks so I decided to make a couple of extra planks and build the the house with the. Just use the base mesh as a foundation to escape see through bits. I added texture to the lighthouse as well.


The place needed some life. I added some leafs and gave them a basic green. It looked to healthy and fresh at the moment so I needed to make it look older and more dry.


I gave the cabbin some color and tweaked the colors to feel a bit more worn out. Leafs got mor dry and yellow as well. Made a huge difference.


Finally dared to head back into Zbrush. This time doing the rocks. It worked out like a bliss. The rocks might be to "sandy" in the color. But the textures worked out good.


Additional target:
Having the CV done within two weeks.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar